About Me

My photo
Gracie Gray is a single,over 40 woman who is blessed with beauty, brains and a sarcastic sense of humour. Gracie wants her readers to know she does not like cats!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Facebook and the Little Pink Martini



For years I held off on joining the illustrious Facebook.  I had a brief stint on My Space years ago but that was to show off my explicit talent on web decorating and song choices.  Facebook scared the crap out of me because it was a venue for followers, or members to let the whole world know their every move.  Now you have such features where you can check yourself into locations.  Why would I want to people to know what I do, where I am and who I am with every minute of the day.  If I was a mother or father what would trigger me to share photos with strangers, I mean "Friends" of my young children or new baby. Truthfully I don't think members think of Facebook as the enemy. But in reality it is.   If truth be told Facebook is a way to voyeuristically share your good fortune, hot body, money, big home, political positions, and at times a way to reach out.


 But really isn't it all about how many comments and likes you get.  Can you imagine posting things and no one ever commenting or "liking" what you had to say.  How dreadful.  Do you really think those 750 friends are really your friends?  When was the last time you spoke to that "friend" or had a cup of coffee with that "friend"? The worse thing is being defriended.  Yikes. I wonder how many people keep a friend count.  "Shit yesterday I had 556 friends today I have 555 friends.  Who defriended me?"  Then you find yourself spending the next three hours figuring out who was that damn friend who defriended you.  But you can't.  Cause you really don't know who  you were friends with in the first place.  Can you imagine how much work time is wasted on Facebook? What about time with your family, spouse, children, significant other or even relaxing time with yourself.  I wonder what some people;s heart rate would be while surfing Facebook.  Why not strap a heart monitor or conduct a stress test while surfing Facebook.  Cortisol rates throttle into high numbers causing anxiety to surge through the body. "Wow everyone is in a relationship but me."" I hate my life." Then not a moment too soon, that fat ugly woman who you went to high school with just announced she is getting a divorced from hunky rich doctor.  Sigh, "there is a God." You realize you've been seduced into the Facebook  psychosis which is enough to drive anyone to drink and it aint' a pink martini.

No comments:

Post a Comment