About Me

My photo
Gracie Gray is a single,over 40 woman who is blessed with beauty, brains and a sarcastic sense of humour. Gracie wants her readers to know she does not like cats!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve and Esmeralda and Mr. Smarkles



Tonight is New Year's Eve.  Who cares.  I really don't care much for celebrations that require downing an extraordinary amount of alcohol till the wee hours of the morning and ruining a full next day by throwing oneself onto the toilet seat of some stranger who you met in a crowded bar.  I have never had a New Year's date.  Well, I can't say never.  It just has been a very long time. Last year I spent my New Years watching the BRAVO channel, live with that deliciously funny host Andy Cohen and the  dysfunctional yet glaringly rich Housewives. Oh what a treat that was. This year I am saddened that there is no Andy Cohen, there is no Housewives, except for reruns and there is no Jay Leno.  I don't care for Lettermen he is too liberal for my taste.


A few years ago I decided to venture out for New Years.  I got all sexied up. Whatever the hell that means. I went to a party and had a few glasses of champagne then made the mistake of leaving with a female friend, who I will call Esmeralda, to make the rounds at the crowded and overbearing bars.  We decided to make our final stop at a cool place with live music.  I was introduced to some of her delightfully funny gay friends who thought I was the cat's meow.  Remember I don't like cats.  But they were enough to give me an ego boost to flirt with that darling younger guy at the bar who I just could not keep my eyes off.  Well of course our eyes met and before I knew it we were engaging in flirtatious conversation. I will call him Smarkle.  It was at the height of the moment when he asked me if he could buy me a drink that I had the overwhelming feeling of the need to excuse my self to go to the ladies room.  "Oh," I thought to myself, "I could be getting that New Year's Kiss  after all."  As I finished up my primping, I was relishing in the fact  I was looking so adorable and had just enough of a slight buzz to engage in some more heavy flirtation. But it was not a moment to soon that the boost of self confidence, adorableness, engaging buzz and my inner most flirtiness flattened into a deflated tire found at the side of the road. There it was, my worst nightmare, memories of high school, my friend Esmeralda, maddeningly engulfing the lips and face of Smarkle. I have never seen anything like it.  I had only been gone for minutes.  How could this be.  I don't think I remember either of them ever coming up for air in the next few hours. I spent the next few hours with Esmeralda's gay friends making fun of her and taking bets on whether she would bed Mr. Smarkles like she always does. I didn't really care.  My balloon had bursted.

So here I am.  Another New Year's Eve, alone. Well not alone but with my dog. I heard Esmeralda  got drunk and threw up, all over Smarkles mind you.  I am glad I wasn't there for that, vomit makes me nauseas.  Go figure.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment